Invitations, Reminders & More
You can edit and personalize them as you wish. You know your network better than we do – share your story and your reasons for being involved. We just want to give you a head start.
- Sample Save the Date Email
- Sample Guest Invitation
- Reasons to attend
- Sample Social Media Invitation Posts
- Sample Guest Reminders
- Responses to Someone Who Cannot Attend
Because life is busy and calendars get full, I wanted to send you a quick note asking you to Save the Date for the ChildStrive Bridges to Resilience Luncheon on Thursday, May 2, at noon. The Luncheon will be at the Lynnwood Convention Center. I will be hosting a table and I would love for you join me!
I will send more details soon, including information about the networking hour, but if you already know that you can/will join me, send me a quick email so that I can put you on my list. And if you know anyone else I should invite, please let me know.
In the meantime – put May 2 on your calendar!
I love ChildStrive because it is so important for young children and their families to have support as they build futures.
I’m hosting a table at the 2019 Bridges to Resilience Luncheon – it’s the main ChildStrive fundraiser for the year – and I’d really love for you to join me at this event!
The Luncheon will be held on Thursday, May 2, from noon to 1pm, at the Lynnwood Convention Center. It’s a fun event that will connect you with other people in our community that care about families. There is also a Community Networking Hour right before the Luncheon, and an opportunity to attend a focus session in the afternoon.
The Luncheon is the largest fundraiser for ChildStrive and helps provide access to vital services for families. There is no cost for me or for any guest to attend, but guests will be asked to make a donation to help children and families. Gifts can be made in monthly installments. My personal goal is to raise $xxx at my table in support of ChildStrive.
I hope you’ll join me in supporting what I believe is an incredibly valuable organization. I don’t know of any other organization in our area that does what ChildStrive does for families.
It should be a great time – please let me know if you can make it so that I can get you registered!
- Barbara Kellerman will inspire us with a keynote message on the professionalization of leadership, how groups are changing leaders and creating change:
- Barbara Kellerman is an expert in leadership and management. She was ranked among the “Top 50 Business Thinkers” by Forbes Magazine (2009) and by Leadership Excellence in top 15 of “thought leaders in management and leadership” (2008-09 and again in 2010-2011).
- Barbara Kellerman’s book, Professionalizing Leadership, was on Forbes’ list Recommended Books for Creative Leaders in 2018.
- Kellerman has authored more than a dozen books on leadership, and is one of the foremost experts on followership. Her articles have appeared in the Washington Post, Harvard Business Review, New York Times, and many other publications.
- Kellerman’s books include Followership: How Followers Are Creating Change and Changing Leaders; Women and Leadership (co-edited with Deborah Rhode); The End of Leadership, which was long listed by the Financial Times as among the Best Business Books of 2012
- Join us as we honor Kathy Coffey, the recipient of ChildStrive’s 2019 Making the Difference Award:
- Kathy Coffey has served as Leadership Snohomish County’s executive director for five years. LSC supports and trains leaders of all ages throughout the county to leverage their unique strengths to better our community.
- Watch Kathy‘s TEDx Talk, Connect and Lead, How We Create Community.
- Kathy is well recognized for her work and has been elected to the board of directors of the Association of Leadership Programs, a nonprofit that promotes leadership programs throughout the U.S.
- The Making the Difference Award recognizes the extraordinary contributions of leaders in our area who are working across sectors to create a thriving community.
- The Community Networking Hour is a great place to rub elbows with community and business leaders from all around Snohomish County and North King County.
- Luncheon guests are invited to attend one of three post-event breakout sessions. Barbara Kellerman will lead a session on her work. Or guests can attend a session about restorative practices or community capacity building.
- Catch up with what is happening at ChildStrive. We’ll share plans, ideas, and insights on how ChildStrive is continuing to make our community a stronger place for all families.
- Free lunch! Sort of – there is no cost to attend but a donation to support ChildStrives services for children and families will be requested during the program. This is our main fundraiser for the year!
- ChildStrive has been partnering with families in our community for over 55 years.
- ChildStrive is a local organization, started by families in Snohomish County and continues to serve our community.
- ChildStrive’s board and staff are actively working to increase our impact in our community, with a focus on equity, partnership, and reaching the most vulnerable families.
- Invite friends, old and new, and take the opportunity to catch up or build new relationships.
- Bridges to Resilience is a worthy excuse to get out of the office for an hour or two. A midday luncheon isn’t always easy, but it is an excellent cause and just once a year.
- Lunch is delicious and there will be plenty of stories about adorable children and their families thriving in life.
Try these posts on your networks! You can pair them with your own photos, or link directly to the event page at www.childstrive.org/bridges
- Help me support the littlest members of our community by attending the ChildStrive Bridge’s to Resilience Luncheon! Join me at the Lynnwood Convention Center on Thursday, May 2 for a wonderful lunch, great company and the opportunity to raise funds for early childhood development.
- I am so excited to attend the 2019 Bridge’s to Resilience Luncheon on Thursday, May 2. Would you like to join me at my table? ChildStrive works hard all year to ensure the success of our youngest community members and this is our opportunity to give back to the organization and help very young children and their families.
- What are you doing Thursday, May 2? You could be at the ChildStrive Bridges to Resilience Luncheon with me! Join me and other local philanthropists to learn about and support the work being done in our community. The keynote speaker is Barbara Kellerman…look her up!
- Looking for ways to develop as a leader and to support the community? Please join my table at ChildStrive Bridge’s to Resilience Luncheon on May 2! Learn more here: childstrive.org/bridges
ChildStrilve will email a confirmation to all of your registered guests. However, we recommend that you keep in contact with your guests up until the Luncheon on May 2. Copy, edit and use any of the suggested text.
- Email Reminder: April 11
Thanks much for joining me at the ChildStrive Luncheon on May 2. It’s coming up in about 3 weeks and you are registered to sit at my table. The Networking Hour starts at 10:30 am; the seated lunch program begins at 12pm! It will be great to see you there! See you soon!
- 1 Week Before
Hello, I can’t wait to see you next Thursday (May 2) at the ChildStrive Luncheon. You should have received the registration confirmation from ChildStrive with important information on parking, directions, the lunch program, and menu.
This is the annual fundraising event for ChildStrive, and in addition to having a great time, we are attending this event to support ChildStrive. So please bring your checkbook or credit card and your giving spirit. During the Luncheon we will be asked to fill out the giving card and make a donation, so hold off with writing the check until you come to the Luncheon!
My personal goal is to raise $XXX at my table and I hope you will consider a gift that will help me reach that goal. Gifts can be made in monthly installments, so consider supporting ChildStrive all year long! If you have a company or employer match for charitable contributions, please bring your company’s matching form with you! That way, a gift of $300 can turn into a $600 or $900 gift!
Please don’t hesitate to call me with any questions about the Luncheon. I will see you there!
PS: If for some reason, you cannot join me for lunch next Thursday, please let me know right away, as your seat is reserved. You can still make a donation to demonstrate your support for ChildStrive and how much it means to our community. Simply click on this link (www.childstrive.org/donate) to make your online donation or send a check to ChildStrive, 14 E Casino Rd, Ste A., Everett, WA 98208.
Phone or text:
Hi! Thought I’d call/text you really quick before Thursday’s Luncheon and see if you have everything you need. It’s at the Lynnwood Convention Center and starts at 12 pm. Let me know if you need directions or have any other questions! When you get there, you’ll get your nametag with our table number. Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday. My mobile number is xxx, in case you need to reach me between now and Thursday.
- Day Before:
Hello everyone – Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. I haven’t heard from anyone that you are not able to attend – excited to see everyone! Name tags are on the table before you go inside the room. The table number is printed on the name tag. If you have any questions – please get in touch. See you soon!
Gifts in lieu of attendance are an important part of helping us reach our goal. Please ask anyone in your network who can’t make it to the Luncheon to make a gift in lieu of attendance.
<insert a personal note about why your guest can’t join you>.
I invite you to join me in spirit at the Luncheon with a gift in lieu of attendance. The Luncheon is the biggest fundraiser for ChildStrive and raises funds so that ChildStrive can serve over 2500 families each year.
There are three easy ways you can make a gift today:
- Send your check to me (payable to ChildStrive) and I can take it to the Luncheon, or
- Send your check (payable to ChildStrive) to ChildStrive, 14 E. Casino Rd, Ste A Everett, WA 98208. Put “Luncheon / My Name” so they know to count it toward my luncheon goal.
- Make a gift online at www.childstrive.org/donate – Put ‘Luncheon/My Name’ in the comment field so that your gift gets counted with my table.
I support ChildStrive because there is no other resource like it in our community for supporting families and young children as they build healthy, thriving lives. I want to make sure that all families, especially the most vulnerable, receive the support they need to build brighter futures and strong communities.
Please consider making a gift in lieu of attendance to ChildStrive– Thanks!
ChildStrive Luncheon 5-2-18
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact ChildStrive’s Donor Engagement Officer:
Watch this video from a past Bridges to Resilience Luncheon and hear the stories of three children and their families.